Demo Site

Tuesday 10 March 2009

ForgedSteel- 21 Atrox Doctor

Points of Interest: Froob, Fear-Forged Blades, Imps up to 108, This guy is the subject of a One-Day-Twink project. I wanted to make a half-decent twink capable of soloing Abmouth in one day from start to finish. I frapsed the whole job from noob island to finished twink and am planning to compress about 7 hours of game time into into a ten minute video. I have the video about half done. (Video is done now- link here)

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhUSwIhHS8

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=127272


People occasionaly use "time" as a factor of how good they are. For example- if you beat someone in a duel, you sometimes hear "Well I only spent one day working on this guy- If I spent as much time as you did on yours- I'd be better than you." Aside from that being kind of a retarded thing to say, I wanted to see if you could make a useful twink in one day. As for the specific level of 21- I considered going lower and doing a 10-15 twink, but there is just a lot of stuff that takes longer to do at that level. At 21 you can use all the good stuff from the temple, plus it's not such a pain to get on stuff like the Crypt Collar. I figured I'd stay at 21, rather than level to 24, just to save some time. In hindsight, that would only have been a few minutes to crank out the extra levels, but 21 is decent. I was planning to go with the Nervejolters from SoM, but the Fear Forged Blades add 20 piercing skill each! (do the math on that- with +40 piercing total I think you could get these on a lvl 6 or 7 Froob Enf non-oe. Got one ready to try it- waiting for time/motivation :) So even with losing the waist piercing cluster to BioMet, my AR is still higher than it would be with 1he. (Neleb's new Battlerod would probably have been better, with the nano-pool it adds when you hit, but I wasn't aware of that at the time :). In the end- Keeper's Vitality dropped. I've never had it on any of my toons before in the past 4 years, so I figured I'd better take it, and I'm using that in my waist :).

0 comments: