Demo Site

Saturday 3 October 2009

Battlerod- 24 Atrox Doctor

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=144464


Points of Interest: Froob, Implants up to QL117-118, Has the Rod at 100% effective self buffed.

This one was pretty nuts, I made him real quick one weekend for a possible Froob pvp tournament. I've always had a love/hate thing with the Battlerod. I try to avoid it since it's so obviously overpowered. On the other hand, it's a good weapon and if you want to be on a level playing field, you may want to consider it...I never expected to get this Rod to 100%. I ran some numbers based around 100ish imps and planned to do a real quick implant job and end up at 75%. So, I skipped some of the more tedious twinking tasks and blitzed this guy together in a couple days with real basic equipment. I got some of his imps up to 115 and was quite surprised to find that he was only 5 points away from keeping the rod out of OE after all was said and done. I threw on all my buffing armor and equipment like Rings of Essence, Miy's Tank armor etc.. and got him to within 2 points of being non-OE (281 2hb). Being so close I couldn't leave it like that. I didn't really want to leave buffing equipment on him so I went about making 5 more points of 2hb. I ran him into Foreman’s and got the Combat Medic's Tank armor, went and did the Nodda Greg quest and pushed the imps as high as I could. I squeezed out 2 more 2hb from the Right arm, and 1 from the left. Needing two more points to make up the difference, I planned to go out and find some slighlty higher Rhinoman gloves/chest, or use buffing equipment until Halloween when I could get some Lya’s sleeves. Then I realized that I could get a bunch of trickle-down by putting Stamina in the chest instead of Body Dev. That pushed him nicely over the top and he ended up with 282 2hb. He needs the basic ability boosts, 2hb expertise and Enlarge running to get it up there, but he works very nicely for killing Abmouth. He even has the Holy Book of the Immortal (which he can just barely cast) thanks to a kind Advy who killed Aztur that day we were in there collecting temple loot.

I might still go get Lya’s sleeves and switch the chest back to Body Dev, but I’ll have to see if the increased health is worth it.

0 comments: